Reasons for a blog (of sorts)
It is August 2011, and I have now reluctantly submitted to social networking via facebook and social book-marking via Google bookmarks. I am still investigating whether to make them public or not.
I have an interest in individual freedom to publish to the internet without having to fit in with a proprietary way of sharing my information. So to share the more trivial things in a way that I want to say it without needing to fit in with some commercial interests, I have created (or moved my information from my main page to) this blog page. Occasionally I will add a few thoughts in the old way web pages were done. So, here goes with a few of my ideas:
- My son just did a web page for Spartan's takeaway.
and now that I know that someone has been reading this page I can add some really important links:
- The Teachers' Christian Fellowship of NSW continue to address important educational issues which are being ignored otherwise,
- ... and Dubbo Presbyterian Church is really being used by God to help people follow Jesus.
- Christianity is often misrepresented. Before trying to complain about Christianity it is worthwhile knowing that Christianity makes sense. For example view this movie of what the Bible's central message - known as the gospel (YouTube movie); or this great summary site called 2 ways to live. Still, don't take my word for it. See what the Bible has to say for yourself (rather than assuming it is saying something when you do not know what it really does say (Start here at Mark).
I was a Project Officer for Laptops in Science for Western Region. My creations related to the use of laptops in Science can be found on my pages for the DER Laptops in Science.
I really enjoy using Moodle for teaching. So I developed my eLearning (Moodle) site for demonstrating experimenting and simply hosting lessons material. Unfortunately the site kept on being hacked, so it will remain down until I can be certain that it is safe.
Assorted files for my year 9 students
A few ideas about using Audacity in an educational context, (and podcasting).
Some old notes on Building websites using Kompozer (which is a free web-page editor).
- The Sunday school use puzzles that are found on the Sunday School puzzle page
I keep hearing about the need to follow copyright procedures from people who are happy to use creative commons material or open source material, without submitting any open source material themselves, and trying to prevent others from submitting anything to an open source community. Then they point to others and call them hypocrites!
My movies are usually shared on my YouTube Channel, though I am developing a few movie pages that will appear here soon.